My Apple Watch, a 42mm Space Gray Sport, is still in the Apple Store’s “processing” phase and hasn’t yet been shipped, but because everyone else is already posting their first impressions, I would be disappointing my massive fanbase if I didn’t post mine.
So far, it’s a mixed bag:
- It’s much lighter than I expected: I can’t even feel it on my wrist.
- Battery life seems excellent. It hasn’t needed a new charge yet.
- App loading appears to be broken.
- The Taptic Engine is beyond feather-light. I haven’t noticed a single tap.
- The learning curve is swift.
- So far, no alerts to stand up, perhaps because I work at a standing desk. Will investigate further.
- Siri doesn’t listen.
As I become more familiar with how it fits into my daily life, I’ll be back to post more.